Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Models wanted / Ζητούνται μοντέλα


Charcoal on 2 sheets of paper, 59x84cm

A young woman on the street made it into my camera lens and here she is. This is slowly becoming a painting and this is the start. I'm always discovering something. I wish I knew her. On the other hand, imagine her knowing what has happened to her or me telling her 'It's you.' and her replying 'Are you sure? Because it reminds me of someone I know up North.' You may ask why don't you draw somebody you know? Maybe because all these other considerations will start cropping up. But I'm sure I'll get round to that. Models wanted.

Μιά κοπέλα στον δρόμο βρέθηκε μπροστά στον φωτογραφικό μου φακό και πολύ αργότερα μου τράβηξε την προσοχή και τώρα πάει σιγά σιγά να γίνει έργο. Εδώ η αρχή. Όλο και κάτι ανακαλύπτω. Μακάρι να την ήξερα κιόλας. Από την άλλη φανταστείτε να ήξερε τι της έμελε να πάθει ή να της λέω «Εσύ είσαι.» και να μου λέει «Είσαι σίγουρη; Γιατί μου θυμίζει μια γνωστή μου στα Γιάννενα.» Θα μου πείτε γιατί δεν ζωγραφίζεις κάποιον που ξέρεις; Ίσως επειδή εκεί αρχίζουν άλλα διλήμματα. Αλλά που θα πάει θα γίνει κι αυτό. Ζητούνται μοντέλα.

No comments:

Post a Comment